Choosing The Aquarium Stands
Want to know if the installation of your aquarium is secure? Buyers of aquariums often ask questions about what to put the aquarium on. Whether a TV stand is suitable for this and what makes a special supply for an aquarium different from ordinary furniture.
After gathering all these questions, we turned to the director of Aquarium Plants and asked him to explain the main points that need attention. Having combined all the answers into one article, we invite everyone to read it.
When installing an aquarium, you should pay special attention to the choice of a stand for it, since the service life of your aquarium directly depends on the correct stand.
Installation on any surface that does not meet special requirements can distort the shape of the aquarium, resulting in the formation of cracks along the walls or along the bottom, which can lead to even more dire consequences. In this regard, it is highly undesirable to use items of home furniture as a stand for an aquarium.
The optimal support for the aquarium is a special stand for the aquarium, made by the manufacturer taking into account the volume and weight of the aquarium.
If you decide to use any other surfaces, make sure they meet the same prerequisites as the special aquarium stands:
- The material of the stand is from laminated chipboard. The use of laminated chipboard or other, looser material is unacceptable.
- Side and bearing walls should be located no more than every 40-50cm.
- For stands for aquariums over 100 liters, horizontal spacers (fixed shelves) must be rigidly fixed between the side walls.
- The back wall of the aquarium stand should be made of chipboard, not fiberboard or other less durable material.
- If the dimensions of the stand exceed the calculated permissible parameters, or the aquarium has a significant weight, reinforced stands or a strong frame made of a metal profile, subsequently sheathed with traditional material, are required.
- For the strength of the structure, it is necessary that the legs of the stand are located under each side and supporting post, each of which must go as a single piece from the table top to the lower base.
- The feet of the stand must be firm, secure. It is dangerous to use wheel bearings, as they do not provide the necessary stability.
- It is necessary to install the aquarium on a table top with an absolute horizon, otherwise the deformation of the aquarium shape is inevitable.
- The table top should be flat, rigid, without bulges.
- It is unacceptable to install the aquarium on poufs and pedestals with a soft, soft surface.
- Do not place the aquarium on a bare surface. Under the bottom of the aquarium, it is necessary to put a special shock-absorbing material.
- The table top of the stand should be the same size as the bottom of the aquarium or be slightly larger. The option in which the size of the aquarium is larger than the size of the table top is strictly not allowed, since such an installation inevitably leads to an uneven distribution of pressure on the walls and bottom of the aquarium.
- Fastening the tabletop to the racks is done exclusively from above. Mounting from the side or in any other way is not permitted.
Thus, the safety and long service life of the aquarium is ensured by a high-quality and reliable stand, in the manufacture of which the manufacturer initially takes into account a number of necessary requirements.